Malibu Two Ocean Kayak
Malibu Two Features:
- Two Comfort Plus seat backs
- Three molded-in seat wells
- Gear straps
- Convenient overlapping foot wells
- Side carry handles
- Skid plate
Malibu Two Options:
- Up to 3 Round Gaspachi Hatches (bow, center, stern)
Malibu Two Specs:
- LENGTH: 12′ 0″ | 3.7 m
- WIDTH: 34″ | 86.4 cm
- WEIGHT: 57 lbs | 25.9 kg
- BOW SEAT WIDTH: 18.5″ | 47.0
- STERN SEAT WIDTH: 20.25″ | 51.4 cm
- CENTER SEAT WIDTH: 16.25″ | 41.3 cm
- BOW LEG LENGTH: 44″ | 111.8 cm
- STERN LEG LENGTH: 42″ | 106.7 cm
- CENTER LEG LENGTH: 42″ | 106.7 cm
- MAX CAPACITY: 375-425 lbs | 170.1-192.8 kg
- SUGGESTED RETAIL: $699.99 USD
Malibu Two Seating:
Submitted by: TLW
I bought this kayak as a general purpose kayak to serve 3 purposes:
1) Solo lake fishing.
2) Family paddling with myself and my two kids.
3) Abalone diving in Northern California.I never tried number 3, so I can’t speak to that. As to number 1, it’s almost unusable. I weigh 210 lbs, and when I sit in the middle seat (which isn’t much of a seat), the boat tracks horribly. When I add cargo and kids it tracks a little better, but it’s no comparison to tandem sit inside kayaks.
The kayak also comes with virtually nothing. You need to buy seats, and I suggest spending some money there. The cargo straps aren’t thought out well at all. They’re too short to hold anything. The cargo area behind the rear seat is so oddly shaped that you can’t put a tackle box or a lunch box or a soft side cooler there. The three Gaspachi hatches might be nice if you want to spend the $60 each per cover.
You can’t seem to add a rudder to it, and it truly needs one.
I must admit that my kids love it, and they won’t let me sell it. I throw one up front, one behind me, and strap everything down between us. We look so ridiculous, that other members of my family refer to us as “The Green Garbage Barge”.
If you’re in the market for something for kids and a little lake play, just go to Costco or Wal-Mart and grab whatever cheap tandem sit on top they have. You’ll save money, and you won’t notice any performance difference.
I’ll reserve judgment as to its performance on the Ocean as I’ve yet to try that. I don’t see how it will track on the ocean though.
Submitted by: Josh
I purchased 2 Ocean Kayak Malibu Two for my family of five to enjoy. We have never used kayaks before but own a canoe… the kayaks are way more stable and a lot more fun! Why I never purchased a kayak before is beyond me. We’ve fished from them and toured in them, used them as tandem as well as singles. They track extremely well and instill a sense of confidence in the paddles that cannot be duplicated with a canoe.
Submitted by: Gravity Trails, llc.
We are an adventure outfitter and this kayak is a blessing! The ability to paddle it both single and double is awesome! We deal with a lot of larger clientele, so the size of the Malibu II is great!